6 Exercises for Healthy Eyes
Just like the rest of our muscles, our eyes need to be exercised in order to stay healthy and function properly. Here are 6 exercises you can do at home to help keep your eyes healthy and improve vision.
1. The Palming Exercise: Place your palms over your closed eyes and relax for 10-15 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times.
2. The Blinking Exercise: Blink rapidly for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
3. The Rolling Exercise: Look up, then down, and then roll your eyes in a circle clockwise and counterclockwise 5 times each direction.
4. focusing Exercise: Hold your thumb 6-8 inches away from your face and focus on it for 15 seconds, then stare into the distance for 15 seconds. Repeat 5 times total.
5. Eye Roll: Using only your eyes, follow an imaginary pen as it draws a figure 8 in front of you 5 times clockwise and 5 times counterclockwise..
6. Zooming: Extend your arm in front of you and make a fist with your hand. Focus on your fist as you slowly bring it toward your face until it is about 12 inches away from your nose, then focus on something far away as you slowly move your fist back to the starting position..Repeat 10 times total.
Conclusion: These simple exercises can be done anywhere and only take a few minutes out of your day. Incorporating them into your daily routine can help improve vision and keep eyes healthy as we age. Give them a try!